There are lots of ways you can help YAPC::NA 2012, YAPC::NA in general, and The Perl Foundation. The following is a list of things we need help with. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Write Code - There are lots of features that need to be added to ACT, the conference registration system. We also have lots of other small programming tasks that you could work on.
- Design Web Sites - Both YAPC and The Perl Foundation build lots of web sites. If you're a web designer and want to help out, then by all means contribute a site design, whether it be a full web site design, a template for a blog, or just a design for a Twitter page. We can use your skills.
- Copy Writing / Editing - There's an aweful lot of text that needs to be written for all the various web sites and printed materials that go into YAPC. All could use your assistance.
- Promotion - Help us spread the word about YAPC, Perl, and The Perl Foundation.
- Donor Development - We can always use help building our network of donors. In some cases this means cold calling, but most of the time it's about reaching out to existing contacts in our network or yours.
- Blogging - We write to our blog every single day. If you want to help out with that, we're always looking for new contributors.
- Roadies - There are an endless amount of tasks that need to be done at the conference itself. If you want to lend a hand, we won't reject it.
- Student Recruiting - We're always trying to bring new users into the Perl community. We need help reaching out to high schools, colleges, and businesses to get more people coming to YAPC and to participate in our Job Fair.
- Speaker Recruiting - We want to have the best possible array of speakers at YAPC. That means contacting a lot of people, finding out what it will take to get them there, and if they have something to talk about.
- Other - Perhaps you have other skills you can contribute. Or maybe you don't know how or what you'd like to contribute. You can still contact us and we'll figure it out together.